Get to know: Ally Price
Hey Fashion Music Friends community this “Get to know” blog is going to be approached a little differently than the ones to come and that is because I (Ally) have been the one that has taken over the Fashion Music Friends’ blog. As it wouldn’t be organic to interview myself and definitely not as fun for me as getting to ask others about them I thought it best to spice things up. So, I am going to do a 20 fun facts about me blog. Let me know if you like this blog and would like me to include this when interviewing others. Here goes:
- I was born and raised in Northland, New Zealand.
- I was a customer at Fashion Music Friends before Amber approached me about a job.
- I am currently in my first year at USYD (The University of Sydney) studying Education and Arts with the goal of becoming an english and drama teacher.
- I moved to Sydney in February 2017 with my best friend after we had come over for a holiday the year before and really enjoyed the city.
- I eat at Fei Jai on Challis Ave nearly every week (or at least get takeaway).
- I am a quater Polynesian.
- I have white water rafted down The Zambezi which is a river on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- My first job was planting and picking sweet potato.
- To put it nicely my mum isn’t the biggest fashionista so everything I’ve learnt about style and fashion I give credit to the girls I lived with at boarding school and of course binge watching Gossip Girl.
- Actually my favourite thing in my closet at the moment is a pair of black, heeled boots and I’m pretty certain my mum has a similar pair.
- I’m super freaked out by people in full on costumes where you can’t see their faces.
- I love a great pant. I will forever be pants over skirts.
- If I get to live another life after this one I would want to be a French perfumer in Paris and eat beautiful pastries for breakfast every morning.
- I was in Hamilton Island with my friends during Cyclone Debbie in 2017 which was terrifying but hilarious in hindsight because I hadn’t told mum I was going and her name just so happens to be Debby.
- I always wanted to be a teacher when I was younger but it wasn’t until I was walking the Camino de Santiago in 2017 and was reflecting on my life that I realised that I really would like to study education and see where that takes me.
- I love hiking. The last hike I did was a day hike in Hawaii to Hanakapiai Falls for my 20th birthday.
- My favourite dish to cook at the moment is a chicken Pad Thai. I think that’s just because I thought it would be really hard and it wasn’t. Also, when I tell people that I make Pad Thai they’re super impressed probably because they don’t realise how easy it is to make.
- I’m currently reading Call Me by Your Name by Andre Aciman for the second time, after meeting him at Sydney Writer’s Festival in May.
- I take a lot of photographs. I think it’s really important to document not only important events but also everyday stuff because as life goes on things change and having images to look back on is pretty great.
- Before I moved to Sydney I spent a year at AUT (Auckland University of Technology) studying Communications with the goal of majoring in Journalism. I obviously never finished the three year course. There were a few reasons why but one was that I just really didn’t enjoy my Journalism class which is quite funny considering I have taken on this role at Fashion Music Friends and have thoroughly enjoyed interviewing people, writing blogs and taking pictures to compliment them.
Have fun reading our new blogs beautiful people, I hope you enjoy them. Come see me in store to let me know what you think or just to brighten my day.
With love, Ally xx